The many activities and various needs of The Marin School are supported by the volunteer spirit of our active parent group.
We encourage every parent to get involved and find a meaningful volunteer activity. The best way to know the school is to be a volunteer!
Each year, we identify a volunteer coordinator within the parent community who works with the Head of School to identify the school’s needs. From that list, we create an updated Volunteer Opportunity list. No matter what a parent’s interest, there is always something for everyone.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping with Back to School Night
- Hosting a grade level parent potluck in the fall
- Helping with the winter holiday staff luncheon
- Helping with the end-of-year staff luncheon
- Providing healthy snacks for students during final exams
- Being a member of the Hospitality group, assisting with food coordination at events
- Being a member of the Auction and Gala Team
- Assisting with the school’s development effort
- Managing the eScrip program
- Assisting with the admissions effort
- Organizing speaker events for the parent community
- Participating in the school’s marketing effort
- Helping with major mailings
- Working in the library
- Being a caller on the parent phone tree
- Participating in the Treat the Staff Committee
- Organizing the senior luncheon
- Coordinating senior activities
- Organizing the Awards and Commencement Ceremony
- Driving on field trips
- Driving to/from athletic events
- Taking photos of athletes in action
- Bringing snacks to games
No matter what you love to do, there is a volunteer opportunity for you at The Marin School. If you see something that interests you on the list of volunteer activities, or have an idea for how you would like to get involved, call the school at 339-9336, and we will put you in touch with this year’s Volunteer Coordinator.