The Marin School's Financial Assistance Program is intended to reduce educational costs so that a diverse group of students has a realistic chance to enroll, regardless of their financial circumstances.
The Marin School uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Families applying for financial assistance must meet all deadlines for submitting appropriate forms. Failure to meet Financial Assistance application deadlines may result in reduced or denied financial assistance.
To begin your financial aid application for the 2013-2014 school year, please follow these steps:
- Go to sss.nais.org. Our school code is 5378.
- Select the SSS website for PARENTS/FAMILIES Applying for Financial Aid.
- Click on the ‘Apply For Financial Aid’ button to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online.
- You will set up a PFS Online login/password that will allow you to return to work on your PFS before submitting it. Your information will be secure.
- Complete the application by January 21, 2013.
- Submit and pay for the PFS.
- By February 18, 2013: Upload electronically into your PFS: a signed copy of your 2012 IRS 1040 Tax Statement (be sure to include all supporting schedules and forms).
If your signed 2012 IRS 1040 Tax Statement is not available by February 15, 2013, submit an explanation of any changes in income for the tax year, supported by 2012W-2s, 1099s, or pay stubs. A copy of your return must be submitted no later than April 15, 2013. Awards made before the current year tax returns are received are contingent on those returns substantiating the explanation provided.
If you are unable to apply online or have any other questions, please contact Shirey Bukowski, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at 415-272-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.